I have always been fascinated towards coloured eye pencils due to which I have tonnes of those in my makeup stash, but I have never been a kajal person. I somehow feel that a black Kohl does not suit me (until I have a heavy eye makeup on). But the truth is that with eye makeup on until you have something in the waterline, the eyes look incomplete. Last year I purchased a white liner to solve this issue but I ended up using it rarely as even that did not suit me well. Finally, I thought of trying a nude eye pencil for my waterline and the brand I decided to go for was NYX.
Today I’ll be sharing my experience with NYX’s wonder pencil, which I initially brought only for my waterline, but as the name says “wonder pencil” it does can be used for multiple other things.
Price: Rs 600 for 1 gm
List of ingredients is mentioned on the pencil itself
NYX wonder pencil is available in 3 different shades: Light, Medium and Deep. The shade that I have is WP01 Light.
My take on NYX Wonder Pencil:
NYX’s wonder pencil is a normal looking wooden pencil with a cream/beige coloured pencil and a black coloured cap. Being a wooden pencil it is not super soft and thus is easy to sharp. Not much product gets wasted while sharpening the pencil.
Though it can be used for multiple things, I personally love to use this on my waterline. The pencil is decently pigmented and 2-3 swipes of the pencil make the waterline completely opaque without irritating the eyes. This pencil can be your best pal if you shy away from black kohl eyes like me. I use this pencil whenever I want a softer look and it makes my eyes look instantly brighter and prettier.
Other ways to use this wonder pencil:
- It can be used for spot concealing (on your blemishes or scars)
- Nude lip line may seem a little weird, but this pencil can be used as a reverse lip liner in order to prevent your favourite lip stick from bleeding.
- Though not mentioned in the uses, It can also be used as a brow bone highlighter or even used to highlight the inner corners of the eyes.
- I have even used it sometimes as a base for my shadow, to make it appear brighter.
This is how it looks:
Pros of NYX Wonder Pencil:
- It is a multi purpose product which can be used for concealing, brightening as well as lining.
- Instantly brightens up the eyes.
- Easy to carry (secure cap)
- Perfect for a softer look
- Comes from a reputed brand
- Stays for a decent amount of time on the waterline
- Comes in 3 different colour options for different skin tones.
Cons of NYX Wonder Pencil:
- The pencil is a little pricey as compared to its other counterparts from other brands.
Would I like to buy this again?
I can’t say enough about this pencil except the fact that I would love to repurchase this product again.
Do I recommend it?
If like me, you too like to stay away from black on your waterline, and fear to try white liner, then this is something you can opt for.
Rating: 4.5/5 (-0.5 for the price point)
Where to Buy?
These wonder pencils are easily available on Nykaa as well as Amazon.