A Red nail polish is a must-have in every married women’s nail polish collection, especially in the festive season. The color red not only brightens up an otherwise dull looking outfit, but it also reflects energy. OPI Nail Lacquer An Affair In Red Square is not a traditional bright red nail polish, but it is more on the maroon side. let’s see how does this expensive nail polish works!
Price: INR 850 for 15 ml (BUY HERE)
- Super-rich, heavily pigmented and chip resistant lacquers, allowing exceptional coverage on nails.
- Features fashionable colors and iconic, humorous shade names.
- Long-lasting wear and high-gloss shine up to 7 days.
- Contains no DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde.
- Apply 2 coats of OPI nail lacquer to nails to see the shade’s true depth of color.
Like all other regular nail polishes, OPI nail lacquer comes in a transparent glass bottle with a black colored screw on cap. The applicator attached to the cap seems to be thin but is perfect for applying the color perfectly onto the nails. The cap is sturdy which makes the bottle spill proof.
My Experience with OPI Nail Lacquer An Affair In Red Square:
Color: An Affair In Red Square is a deep maroonish red colored nail polish which is free of sparkles but has a sheen to it. It is a perfect color for Brides or Festivals and looks great with Indian wear. The color is so pretty that it not only looks good with Indian wear, as I mentioned, but it also complements western wear perfectly.
Pigmentation: The company recommends to use 2 swipes to get the perfect color and I couldn’t agree more. Though one swipe does impart a good amount of color, two coats take it to another level.
Texture: The formula of the polish has a perfect consistency, it is neither too dry nor too flowy. The polish is non-streaky, be it the first coat or the second.
Staying Power: The company claims the staying power of their polishes to be up to 7 days, which is not completely true in the case of this color. The color can up to up to 7 days but only with 2 or 3 coats, that too with fading from the outer edges. But if only one coat of the color is applied, it does not even stay intact for a single day. The color chips and fades badly with a single coat.
Yes, the polish is pricey, but the color and its formula make it completely worth the price. This is my second nail polish from OPI, the first one Suzi Takes the Wheel belongs to a completely different color family, and I genuinely love both the colors. I can’t wait to try more colors from the brand!
Pros of OPI Nail Lacquer An Affair In Red Square:
- A Beautiful color which not only goes well with Indian and Western outfits but is also an amazing color for brides.
- The color has a nice sheen to it
- Decently good staying power (but only after 2 coats)
- Perfect consistency
- Great brush size
- Spill-proof bottle
- Contains no DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde
Cons of OPI Nail Lacquer An Affair In Red Square:
- A bit pricey
- Does not stay well if only a single coat is applied