Hello Beautiful ladies!
Whenever we think about makeup we usually think about a perfect face, beautifully done eyes and well maintained and colored lips. All these aspects are very important in getting a full face of makeup, but today what I will be talking about is black dramatic eyes. In this post I will be sharing with you some facts and ways to use the 4 most important things that are used while doing your eye: eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and false lashes. (BUY HERE)
I love doing eye makeup and an eyeliner and mascara is a must for me. These are the two things that majority of the girls apply on daily basis, but what they skip is eyeshadow and many does not even know about how to apply false lashes and trust me girls I am one of them. But this is also true that a dramatic makeup is incomplete about false lashes.
Let’s get started:
- To select the right kind of brush for applying the shadow is much more important than selecting the right kind of formulation.
- A flat brush for the entire lid, a soft dome brush for crease and blending and a soft pencil brush for upper lash line, these are some of the most commonly used brushes that are used for applying shadow in different parts of the eye.
- Usually people apply eyeshadow as their last step of makeup, but there are many people who like to apply their shadow before their full face of makeup, this is done especially if you are working with pigments, which tend to fall out during application which might ruin the face makeup.
- One of the most important aspects of applying your eyeshadow is using the correct brush strokes and speed. Rushing through your makeup or using the wrong brush strokes will create a messy, unattractive eyeshadow application.
- Eye primers increases the staying power of the shadow, a good primer can make a simple shadow last all day long.
- A foundation or a concealer can also be used as a primer.
- Eyeshadows can be applied in different shapes like Fan Shape, Snow Globe shape, A Smokey eye, Cat eye, Open banana and closed banana.
- 3-4 colors are enough to get a complete eye look.
- After dipping the brush in the shadow tap off the excess shadow, never blow on the brushes as doing this is unhygienic.
- Blending is the key to perfect eyeshadow application.
There are mainly 3 different types of eyeliner: A pencil liner, a Liquid liner and a Gel Liner.
A. Pencil Liner:
- This is the most common type of eyeliner available in the market and is good for beginners.
- Pencil liners come in two different forms, one which need to be sharpened (like normal pencils) and other which are retractable.
- Retractable liners are much easier to use and they save a lot of product that might get wasted during sharpening.
- Sharpening pencils have a benefit of having a sharp point which is not present in retractable liners.
- Pencil liners are available in numerous color options and they can also be used as a eyeshadow base.
- Pencil liners are great to create a smudgy look.
- Light colored eyeliners can also be used into waterline to brighten up your eyes.
B. Liquid Liners:
- They are the best variety to get a perfect looking liner, they help to get a perfect edge.
- Can be used to get both thin as well as a thick line.
- Now days, felt tip liners are famous in the market which are even easier to use.
- Felt tip liners are the easiest to get a winged liner with.
- Liquid eyeliners cannot be used in the water line.
- Gel liners usually come in a little pot.
- Gel liners require an eyeliner brush to work with.
- Gel liners get dried up if not stored properly.
- They have a long staying power; they can stay for all day long without smudging.
- These too come in a variety of colors.
- Mascara instantly brightens up any eye look and helps it to look more put together.
- An eyelash curler is usually used before applying mascara, each lash must be curled for at least 3 seconds before applying mascara.
- Whenever using new mascara, wipe off the wand with a tissue to remove the excess product from the wand. This might waste some of the product but will help you to get a non clumpy look.
- While applying mascara start by wiggling the wand from the base of the lashes, this really helps to separate the lashes.
- Different kinds of mascaras are available in the market. Mascaras may range from curling, lengthening to volumizing ones.
- In order to apply mascara properly, blink while applying your mascara. This really helps in proper application.
- Multiple coats of mascara can be used, but remember more coats will result in thicker and fuller lashes which might not suit every occasion.
- To get a false lash effect, don’t forget to define your inner and outer lashes too.
- Try to be as quick as with the mascara, as once it gets dried up, it is really difficult to work with and to modify.
- While applying mascara, if you get some product on the lids, don’t panic, let the mascara dry and once dried, and clean off the mascara with a shadow brush.
4. False Lashes:
Now comes the part of the look that majority of the girls do not opt for, not at least on regular basis.
- False lashes are available in variety of options; they are available as complete lashes and as single lashes too. (Buy set of affordable falsies HERE)
- Before applying false lashes, curl you lashes and apply a coat of mascara. This will help your falsies to adhere effectively onto the lashes.
- Selecting good quality glue is also as important as selecting the right kind of lashes is.
- Let the mascara dry before applying false lashes.
- When using a new pair of lashes, cut them according to the length of your lids. False lashes usually come in a larger size to suit all the eye shapes.
- You don’t need much glue to stick your lashes, a small amount of glue works well.
- Once the glue is applied onto the lashes, let the glue dry a bit, so that it becomes little sticky and tacky. This helps in proper attachment of falsies to the lids.
- Falsies can be applied with the hands as well as with the help of tweezers.
- Falsies are easy to remove and they can easily be removed with a good eye makeup remover, but make sure that you use an oil free remover. Remover with oil can remove the lashes, but this will restrict in the reapplication of those lashes.
- The last step in using falsies is cleaning them and restoring them for future use. Cleaning falsies for the left over glue and mascara is easy too. The same oil free eye makeup remover can be used to clean off the falsies.
All these and many more products can be purchased online from an amazing site called newfrog.com. This site has a huge collection of makeup products, clothes and accessories.