Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color Ruby Velvet (01) Review
It has been more than one year when Lakme came out with their Argan Oil Lipsticks. I got all the shades and swatched all of them. But since then, I haven’t used them much until last month when I started using them again. Today I’ll be sharing my experience with Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color Ruby Velvet.
Price: INR 750 for 3.4 gm of product (BUY HERE)
The power of traditional argan oil, now in your favorite lipstick. Say hello to argan oil infused lip colors, the all-new invention by Lakme. These lipsticks nourish your lips while delivering intense color. The best of both worlds is now a reality with its nourishing power as well as rich pigments. It has a beautiful creamy texture that gives your lips a smooth and silky finish. Available in 15 vibrant shades that complement all Indian skin tones, Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color is where the power of argan oil comes to life!
Not many details are mentioned about the ingredients apart from the fact that they contain Argan Oil
Lakme Argon Oil lipsticks come in a cylindrical golden color packaging which looks beautiful. The lipstick closes with a click sound, which makes me comfortable to take it with me while traveling.
My Experience with Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color Ruby Velvet:
The shade Ruby Velvet is one of the reds of the collection. Considering the name, I assumed it to be a maroon-red kind of shade but the color has an orange undertone. The shade is very similar to shade Number 02 from the collection called Crimson Silk with later being a little redder. The shade Ruby Velvet is a flattering shade, not exactly for everyday use, but is good for ladies who are not very comfortable with a deeper red.
As the lipsticks contain Argan oil, they are very moisturizing and easy to apply. Though these lipsticks do not have an amazing staying power, but Ruby Velvet being a darker shade stays for a little longer as compared to lighter shades from the collection.
Overall yes, I do like the shade. I won’t say that I am a fan of the complete collection, but there are certain shades in the collection which I like and Ruby Velvet is one of them. For the price tag, it is a good product, especially if you are not a fan of drying liquid lipsticks and are looking for something a little more moisturizing.
Pros of Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color Ruby Velvet:
- Loved the golden packaging, it makes it look super classy
- The formula is very moisturizing and easy to apply
- The staying power of Ruby Velvet is much better as compared to some other shades of the collection
- Does not accentuate fine lines
- Beautiful color, though not perfect for everyday use
- Decently priced
Cons of Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color Ruby Velvet:
- Though the packaging is beautiful, due to all golden packaging, it is difficult to recognize the color without opening the lid of the lipstick. The name of the lipstick is written on the base of the packaging, but the font size is extremely small which does not make it very convenient to read the name of the lipstick amongst a bunch of other lipsticks.
- Not much is mentioned about the ingredients used in the lipsticks