There are a lot of eyeshadow palettes available in the market these days, some of them being a little more affordable than the others, but still you can visit www.nubobeauty.com to find beauty tips and read articles about how to improve your make up skills.
In today’s post, I will be sharing my experience with an affordable eye shadow palette from the brand called Nikka K. The palette is called Under the Sea.
I personally haven’t tried a lot of products from the brand, but their 9 pan eyeshadow palettes appealed to me. The main reason being their affordable price point and the fact that some of the palettes form the brand seem to be dupes of Huda Beauty palettes. These eyeshadow palettes are available in 6 color options and I have 3 of them.
Let’s start taking about the shade ‘Under the Sea’
INR 599 for 11.7 gm of the product (BUY HERE). The palette can be easily bought on discounted price.
Play up your eyelids and with rich mattes and lustrous shimmery colors using Nicka K’s Nine Color Eyeshadow Palettes. Each palette is packed with an array of nine highly pigmented shades and a long-lasting formula that blends with ease. Available in six color themes – the palettes are convenient to carry on the go and ready to be used in the day and night.
- Range of compact eyeshadow palettes packed with a selection of 9 highly pigmented mattes and shimmers
- The soft, velvety formula delivers extreme colour pay off in one swipe and blends easily
- From creating a subtle daytime look to that sultry night time smokey eye, these palettes do it all
- This product is cruelty-free
List of ingredients is mentioned on the back of the palette
The eyeshadow palette has 9 pans and hence it comes in a square-shaped container. The eyeshadows are in square-shaped pans too. The lid of the palette is transparent with the name of the palette mentioned on the top of the lid. The packaging is nothing fancy but the bright colors of the eyeshadow palette peaking through the transparent lid make it look pretty. The palette does not have any outer packaging but the lid seems sturdy and travel friendly.
My Experience with Under the Sea Eyeshadow Palette:
The eyeshadow palette contains 6 matte shades and 3 shimmer shades. All the 9 shades in the palette are super pigmented but the shimmer ones are much prettier than the matte ones. The matte eyeshadows are powdery and have fallout especially the yellow and the orange colors.
Texture-wise, all the colors are easy to work with and very easy to blend. The colors go well with each other and even with another eyeshadow formula. The shimmer shades can be used both dry and wet but I personally like to use them wet as they give a shinner look when wet. The shimmer shades can be applied using both the fingers as well as the brush, but while using the brush, wetting the brush works well.
Staying power of the eyeshadow is good too. With an eyeshadow primer the colors can stay put easily for 4-5 hours and they do not crease at all.
Overall, I would say that I am in love with the eyeshadow palette. I haven’t yet tried the other 2 shades that I have from the brand, but this particular color is an excellent buy. The price point of 599 Rs is completely worth the price, especially considering the fact that the palette has 2 different color stories which can help you create a number of looks by just using this single palette. All the colors are pigmented and they blend beautifully too.
I would totally recommend trying the shade Under the Sea from Nikka K 9 pan eyeshadow palette collection!
Pros of Under the Sea Eyeshadow Palette:
- Affordable (especially if you can grab it on a discount as I did)
- Beautiful colors which are easy to blend
- The palette has 2 different color stories through which a number of eye looks can be created
- All the colors except the matte yellow and orange have no fallout
- The 4 shimmers in the palette are beautifully pigmented and have almost no fallout
- The colors are easy to use together
- The palette has all the mattes and shimmers you would require for a complete eye look
- The transparent lid makes the palette looks beautiful
- The palette is travel friendly
Cons of Under the Sea Eyeshadow Palette:
- The matte colors have fallout
- No mirror is given