A very Happy Holi to all!!! Holi is a festival of colors and so today I will be reviewing a colorful quad from the Indian brand Lakme. Years back, when Lakme started with their eye shadow collection, they came up with eye shadow quads and as they were not so pricy I brought 2 of the quads. The color that I will be reviewing today is called Tanjore Rush and it was one of their most famous quads. Later Lakme started many other collections and their classic line got lost in the crowd. I am not even sure whether this quad is still available or not.
Product quantity: 7g
Price: On online sites, different quads are priced differently and this particular one is priced at Rs 500
Ingredients: Not mentioned
A versatile quartet of high intensity powders put together to color, shape and highlight your eyes like never before.
- Lakme Eye Color Quartet Tanjore Rush is a versatile quartet of explosive, radiant colors to color and highlight your eyes, thereby giving you the heavenly look of a Diva
- It is coupled with a handy applicator designed with a two sided brush that helps pick the right amount of color and apply it smoothly and evenly
- For those dramatic, intense eyes, pick up a Lakme Eye Color Quartet
My take on the product:
Packaging: Lakme eye color quad comes in a square packaging with a transparent lid, which makes it easier to recognize the colors without opening the lid. The packaging is sturdy and safe to travel with. The lid seems to be made of good quality plastic. This plastic packaging is further packed in a cardboard box. The quad comes with a dual side sponge tip applicator which sometimes come handy while doing touch ups.
Colors and pigmentation:
The four different colors of the quad include:
1. A dark purple: The color is free of shimmer particles but gives a pearly shine to the lids. The color, like all the other colors of the quad is highly pigmented and imparts a beautiful purple in just one swipe. But blending can decrease the color of the shadow and so a second coat becomes must to get the intense color on the lids.
2. Khaki green: This is the most pigmented color of the quad and the color that gives the most fallout too. The color has many minute size golden shimmer particles that can easily be seen in the pan as well as on the eyes.
3. Bronze: Another beautiful color of this palette. This color also contains shimmers, but they are silver colored. This color too is highly pigmented and is the most wearable one as compared to the other colors.
4. Golden: The palette is full of bright colors and this is the brightest of them all. The color seems to have golden shimmers when seen in the pan, but when applied on the lids shimmers are not visible but this gives a pearly sheen to the color. This golden color with bronze in the crease creates a beautiful eye look.
Texture: All the colors are very soft and creamy to apply. The only negative point is that all the colors have major fallout especially the khaki one. The colors need to be tapped carefully in order to avoid fallout. All the colors are super blendable too; they blend easily with each other and with other colors too.
Staying Power: The colors have a good staying power; they can stay up to 5 hours without major fading. Thankfully the colors do not crease on me, especially when I have a primer on. Without a primer, they might crease a bit.
Overall it is a decent palette with all the beautiful colors and is not so pricy too. The quality might not be comparable to some other shadows but at this price this is the best quality product.
- Beautiful selection of colors
- All the colors are easy to use and super easy to blend
- Highly pigmented colors
- Does not crease
- Sturdy and travel friendly packaging
- Decent staying power
- No ingredient list
- Major fallout
Would I buy this product again?
I already have 2 of these and they would easily last me for years, so I might not buy them again, but for beginners, who are looking for an affordable palette in a decent price range, this is a good option.
Rating: 🙂 🙂 🙂 1/2