Today I will be reviewing yet another product from Lakme’s 9 to 5 range and the product I have today is the Pure Rouge Blusher. The blushers in this range come in 3 color options: rose crush, peach affair and ginger surprise and the shade I have is Rose crush.
Product quantity: 6g
Price: Rs 450
Ingredients: Not mentioned on the product or on the official site
The perfect blend of natural shades and color the Lakme Nine to Five Pure Rouge Blusher builds soft layers to give your cheeks the perfect coverage. It is sheer and light weight in application with color that blends naturally on all skin tones. Get those dreamy rose kissed princess cheeks with this pure pressed powder blusher and blush beautifully everyday.
How to Apply
- Ensure you apply this only after you have applied your foundation and compact
- Lightly sweep the brush through the blush and then tap it to remove any excess
- Do a fish face and see the apple of your cheeks
- Apply the blush to the center of the apple on one side of your face, blending the color along your cheekbone
- Make strokes with the brush from your cheeks (towards your nose) to the side of your face (towards your ears). Repeat on other cheek.
- Pure pressed powder blush
- Easy to apply
- Soft in built brush
- Naturally enhancing shades
- Suitable for All Skin types
My take on the product:
Packaging: The blush comes in a rectangular pan which is fixed inside a square shaped box with a transparent lid. This box is further wrapped inside a cardboard box. The blush contains a little brush which is not very useful for regular application but can be used for touch ups.
Color: Rose crush is a beautiful mauve colored blush that gives a natural flush of pink to the cheeks. The blush contains minute sized silver shimmer particles which are not very prominent ion the cheeks but imparts a beautiful shine to the blush.
Pigmentation: The blush is not very highly pigmented but the pigmentation is not too bad either. 2 coats of the blush are sufficient to give that natural glow to the skin. The pigmentation is so average that you would not look like a clown even after many coats.
Texture: The blush is very easy to use and blend too. It can easily be blended with any normal blush brush. It does not look streaky even after many coats.
Staying Power: This is the plus point of the blush. The blush belongs to the 9 to 5 range and it is supposed to stay for 8 hours. Though the blush does not stay for that long, but it does stay for 5-6 hours. After 2 hours the blush does start to fade but the flush of color can be seen even after 5 hours of application.
- Nice sturdy packaging
- Decently priced
- Comes with a little brush that can be useful for touchups
- Beautiful color that gives a natural glow to the skin
- Contains shimmers which are not very prominent
- Easy to blend
- Stays for a long time
- Not very pigmented
- Not many color options
- No mirror
Would I buy this product again?
Overall I would say that it is good product in a decent price range, but as there are not many color options, I might not buy it again.
Do I recommend this?
Yes! For girls who are looking for a natural looking blush that has a decent quality and affordable price, then this is the one.
Rating: 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂