Colorbar Nail Lacquer Madison (488), Review
Its been a while since I wrote about any nail polish and even longer when I reviewed Colorbar Nail Polish from their Feel the Rain collection. I wasn’t too impressed with the last nail polish that I tried from Colorbar, but there are some shades that I love too. Colorbar came up with 1001 shades with a new formula of nail polish and today I will be sharing my experience with Colorbar Nail Lacquer Madison. Madison is one of the shades which I bought in my September Colorbar Haul. Let’s see how this shade worked for me.
Price: INR 199 for 12 ml of product (BUY HERE)
- The lacquer provides an intense glossy shine
- High pigment leads to superb color payoff and pleasant drying time
- The formula is a natural genius as it also strengthens conditions and hardens weak and brittle nails
- It is enriched with keratin, calcium and sweet almond oil
- Promotes nail health and safeguards nails from allergens
- A range of pink lacquers with varied light and dark shades and glitter and sheer textures
- Chip-resistant and non-yellowing
- Formulated with a 7-free formula: without formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, DBP, toluene, camphor, paraben, and xylene.
- A special wide applicator for effortless end-to-end coverage.
- Dermatologically tested.
Not mentioned anywhere on the bottle or on the official website
These Colorbar nail polishes come in a square-shaped glass bottle with a metallic gray colored cap. The bottles are shaped such that the shade of the polish is visible even from the top. This makes these polishes to store easily inside a drawer and not worry about not being able to see the shade. The brush of the polish is thick enough to cover the entire width of the nail in a single swipe. As the polish has a bulky shaped glass bottle, it is not very easy to travel with but it looks absolutely beautiful displayed on the vanity.
My Experience with Colorbar Nail Lacquer Madison:
The shade Madison is one of the 1001 shades that were launched in the recent Colorbar Nail Polish collection. Madison is one of the pinks of the collection but to me, it is more of a red. Madison is a corally red polish which is good enough to add a pop of color to any outfit. The color looks good with both Indian and Western outfits. As it is neither a coral polish nor a bright red, it is comparatively easy to wear and looks beautiful on the nails.
The shade Madison is one of the shades which has a beautiful consistency. As I mentioned in my swatch post, some of the polishes in the collection have a thicker consistency than some others. But the shade Madison is perfectly flowy. The color has good pigmentation as well. A single coat of the polish gives opaque and non-streaky color.
The staying power of the polish is also decently good. A single coat can stay up to 2 days with slight fading from the top edges of the nails, but a 2 coat color can easily last up to 4-5 days. Applying a topcoat does increase the staying power of the nail polish and protects it from fading. The polish does not crack or become patchy until you actually decide to remove it.
Overall, I did like the color as well as the formula of the polish. The color looks beautiful. The staying power, as well as the drying time of the shade, is good too. If you are looking for a vibrant wearable shade of red, then this one is the one to try.
Pros of Colorbar Nail Lacquer Madison:
- Beautiful, easy to wear color
- Dries quickly
- The single coat gives a fully opaque color
- Non-streaky formula
- 2 coats stay for 4-5 days without chipping
- Contains Keratin and Almond Oil
- Beautiful looking bottle
- The thick brush makes application easier
Cons of Colorbar Nail Lacquer Madison:
- The bottle is bulky and not too travel-friendly